Educraft are working with East Sussex County Council this Easter in supporting the Government’s £220m Holiday Activities and Food Programme which was set up with the support of Marcus Rashford, MBE.
Our free Get Animated! coding and activity workshops in Bexhill are now available to book on behalf of children and young people aged 8 to 14 who are in full-time education and receive benefit-related free school meals.
11-12 April 2022 – Centre Stage, 87 London Road, Bexhill
Attendees will also receive a free, healthy lunch or dinner from our friends at the Poppyseed Bakery.
Free tickets are available from educraft.uk/bexhill
Our Get Animated workshop includes…
- Retro Computer Coding – Design and animate video game graphics using BBC BASIC, the language of the original educational computer, the BBC Micro. Then take the knowledge learned to customise and create video games for the class to enjoy. All attendees will receive a printed certificate to commemorate their achievement.
- Classic Games – Take a break from coding to experience the sounds and thrills of a 1980s video games arcade with titles such as Pac Man, Space Invaders & Frogger.
- Crafting Activities – (1) Create unique or pre-designed pixel sprites using fuse-beads and turn them into beautiful keyrings or jewellery to take home. (2) Cut, fold and stick thin card to build a Papercraft replica of a classic computer to take home.
- Physical Activity – Continuing the video game theme, our physical activity session lets you dance along to songs like the Super Mario theme and the Pac-man dance, or follow choreographed lightsaber sequences in time to music.
- A Free Meal (and healthy eating discussion) – A nutritious, locally prepared plant-based packed lunch with hot soup from our friends at Poppyseed Bakery, Bexhill and an informative and interactive talk about the benefits of a plant-based diet